The Cribs for Kids’ Infant Safe Sleep Certification Program awards hospitals nationwide. Because in-person site visits are not performed, hospitals are evaluated via virtual reporting demonstrating safe sleep practices.
Applications contain multiple-choice, free-text answers and the upload of supporting documents. These required documents are outlined below.
Review current AAP recommendations and the Cribs for Kids’ Safe Sleep Certification Manual before submission to ensure compliance, promote completeness and reduce application processing times.
- Submit the Hospital Infant Safe Sleep Policy and all related policies
- Submit Hospital Produced Supporting Documents – Submit all hospital or locally produced materials related to the hospital Infant Safe Sleep Initiative. Materials produced by a known national entity such as Cribs for Kids, NICHD, or other state approved materials are to be reported by not required to be uploaded. Hospital produced supporting documents to be uploaded include but are not limited to:
– Healthcare Team Member Training: written materials, PowerPoints, modules.
– Family/Caregiver Education: written materials, videos, acknowledgement forms, noncompliance forms, EMR documentation, handouts, posters, displays.
– Wearable blankets: education materials, third-party funding documentation.
– QI & Unit Audits: Audit tools from all participating units, annual compliance rate reports, EMR documentation.
– Safe Sleep Assessment & Distribution: Assessment tools, third-party funding documentation.
– Community Outreach: written materials, mass media, or social media posts, screenshots or links.
- Files may be Word documents, PDF, PowerPoints, videos, screenshots, or pictures.
- Name files appropriately to assist organization.