About our program
Launched in 2015, Cribs for Kids National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification program recognizes individual hospitals and hospital systems for their commitment to infant safe sleep. As a national authority on infant safe sleep, Cribs for Kids hospital certification program confers a bronze, silver, or gold designation to hospitals that model and teach infant safe sleep best practices. By becoming certified, hospitals join our mission to protect our babies from sleep-related deaths.*
Achieving certification should be a rewarding journey, uniting your healthcare team members in the goal to reduce SIDS/SUID. Earning certification is to be celebrated by staff and leadership, elevating your hospital’s reputation in the community.
Follow us on social media to learn about our Certified Hospitals and all things safe sleep!
- There is no fee charged for National Safe Sleep Certification
- Any hospital caring for patients under one year of age is eligible for certification
- Using a systemwide infant safe sleep policy, system-level certification is available. This option still allows individual hospitals within the system to certify at their care level.
- Certification is awarded for five years, requiring an annual report to maintain certification.
- U.S. Military hospitals around the world are eligible for Safe Sleep certification. To learn more email:
Hospital Certification Application Form
Please review the following considerations prior to beginning
the online application.
- The application must be submitted in one session. If you are unable to do this, consider copying the fields required into a separate word document that can be completed and edited prior to the final online submission.
- Use a suggested web browser. Be sure you are completing the form using one of the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Check your hospital firewall. If you find your hospital firewall may prevent you from uploading documents to submit electronically, please complete the fields required and email the documents separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check for a confirmation message upon submission. If after pressing “Submit,” the “Thank you! Your Hospital Application has been submitted.” text box does not appear, please scroll up through the form to ensure all fields have been properly completed.
*System-level applicants, please email email@example.com to schedule a phone call prior to submission.
* Indicates Required Field
(If you are upgrading to a higher level, please fill out the Renewal Application Form here.)
NOTE: Applications submitted between 11/23 – 12/31 may be delayed in their initial review. All complete submissions will be reviewed within three weeks.