About our program
Launched in 2015, Cribs for Kids National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification program recognizes individual hospitals and hospital systems for their commitment to infant safe sleep. As a national authority on infant safe sleep, Cribs for Kids hospital certification program confers a bronze, silver, or gold designation to hospitals that model and teach infant safe sleep best practices. By becoming certified, hospitals join our mission to protect our babies from sleep-related deaths.*
Achieving certification should be a rewarding journey, uniting your healthcare team members in the goal to reduce SIDS/SUID. Earning certification is to be celebrated by staff and leadership, elevating your hospital’s reputation in the community.
Follow us on social media to learn about our Certified Hospitals and all things safe sleep!
- There is no fee charged for National Safe Sleep Certification
- Any hospital caring for patients under one year of age is eligible for certification
- Using a systemwide infant safe sleep policy, system-level certification is available. This option still allows individual hospitals within the system to certify at their care level.
- Certification is awarded for five years, requiring an annual report to maintain certification.
- U.S. Military hospitals around the world are eligible for Safe Sleep certification. To learn more email:
Hospital Certification Application Form
The online application must be completed and submitted during one session. It cannot be saved and returned to at a later time.
If you are unable to do this, consider copying the fields required into a separate word document that can be completed and edited prior to the final online submission.
*System-level applicants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a phone call prior to submission.
* Indicates Required Field
(If you are upgrading to a higher level, please fill out the Renewal Application Form here.)